“Let food be your medicine and medicine be your food”
HERBAL MEDICINE 101: 1/10/2017 @ 6PM – 7:30PM
HISTORICAL BOTANY & NOMENCLATURE: 1/24/2017 @ 6PM – 7:30PM
LIVING WITH HERBS: YOUR NATURAL MEDICINE CHEST: 2/2/2017 @ 6PM – 7:30PM
FEELING THE CONSCIOUSNESS OF PLANTS: 2/21/2017 @ 6PM – 7:30PM
Body Wellness® 2385 NW Executive Center Drive
Boca Raton, FL 33431
Continuing Education Information:
18 CE BROKER CREDITS for Florida Licensed:
- REGISTERED NURSES
- MASSAGE THERAPISTS
Class & Instructor Information
Herbal Certification available for ANYONE!
Specifically designed for health professionals as well as individuals, seeking knowledge of herbs.
ABOUT YOUR EDUCATOR:
Ellen Kamhi PhD, RN, AHN-BC, AHG, The Natural Nurse®, has been involved in Natural Medicine since 1973, when she directed a program in Ethnobotany at Cochise College in Douglas, Arizona.
- Kamhi attended Rutgers and Cornell Universities, sat on the Panel of Traditional Medicine at Columbia Presbyterian Medical School, and is a Medical School Instructor, teaching Botanical Pharmacology.
- Kamhi is on the Peer Review Editorial Board of several journals/organizations including: Alternative Therapies in Health and Medicine, Natural Medicine Journal, Natural Standard Database.
C.E. Broker Credits: Participants may elect to receive 18 C.E. Broker Credits indicating level of course work and hours of study completed. Must complete all 4 classes. Miss a class? No sweat – (make up classes on-line)
Requirements- only if you would like to have C.E. Broker Credits, or Herbal Certification (others can attend just for their own knowledge):
- Purchase course text book, The Natural Medicine Chest, by Ellen Kamhi, PhD RN and Eugene Zampieron, ND (available online, copies will be available for purchase at first class)
- Complete homework assignments C.E. Broker Credits or Certification Certificate- additional fee of $35.00
- Herbal Certification: For those who do not require CE broker credits you can get a Certificate of Completion by completing all four classes and completing all homework assignments.
Herbal Medicine: Class covers essential vocabulary, such as extracts, tinctures, capsules, infusions, and decoctions, as well as the safety and efficacy of herbal medicines.
Historical Botany, Nomenclature & Universal Doctrine: Class covers the importance of Latin names when communicating with other herbalists, the Doctrine of Signatures, and Shamanic health rituals.
Living with Herbs: Your Natural Medicine Chest: Class covers common herbal “first aids” for colds and flu, ear infections, stomach upsets, and other mild heath issues.
Feeling the Consciousness of Plants: Class covers how to integrate plants into your life, soul, and medicine, and how to decide which remedy is the “right” one. Learn simple plant dowsing techniques and consider herb-drug interactions.
Buy Classes Today!
Classes are $49.95, or $175.00 for all four classes (must be paid in advance)
- Herbal Medicine Class –
- Historical Botany, Nomenclature & Universal Doctrine Class –
- Living with Herbs: Your Natural Medicine Chest Class –
- Feeling the Consciousness of Plants Class –
C.E. Broker or Herbal Certification: $ 210.00 total, includes 4 class discount plus additional $35.00 fee
- C.E. Broker or Herbal Certification –